Overwhelmed? We Can Help!
We know you've got questions, concerns and fears. You may have spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours trying to make sense of your situation with self-help books, support groups, and well-meaning friends, only to wind up more lost and confused than before.
The truth is that Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders are prevalent but poorly understood conditions and it can be extremely difficult to find allies who understand your struggles. You need access to real professionals with the skills and knowledge to help you navigate the treacherous BPD/NPD landscape.
We created the BPDCentral AnswerLine, a fee-based service, to give you a direct line to real help from clinicians, social workers, lawyers, mediators and other specialists who understand what you're going through and can provide insight and answers specific to your personal situation.
If you need guidance, support and hope for a better life, email us to schedule a confidential telephone consultation. Please mention that you are interested in this paid feature.
Click on the following links to learn all about our new BPDCentral AnswerLine.
We have assembled a network of professionals and experts skilled in dealing with Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. They will guide you, validate your concerns and provide specific tools to help you:
- Learn about borderline and narcissistic disorders so you can understand your particular loved one
- Find local and national resources
- Know what to do if your family member won't go into therapy
- Learn how to manage yourself and your relationship
- Gain knowledge and skills so you can take better care of yourself, move forward, improve communications, set limits and reinforce healthy behaviors
- Get legal insight into how to handle high conflict divorce and custody cases
- Understand your part in the relationship
- Talk to your children about your family member's disorder
- Learn how to parent and deal with sibling issues while still taking care of yourself
- Feel more in control of your life
- Begin the process of overcoming pain and trauma - whether or not you're still in the relationship
- Become more compassionate with yourself and your loved ones
- Address other pressing issues - just ask.
The BPDCentral AnswerLine is an informational clearinghouse and resource center for people who have close relationships with those who suffer from BPD or NPD. We will point you in the right direction to get the help and services you need, but we cannot replace professional advice or care from a licensed mental health practitioner or legal adviser. Though our network includes many experts and professionals, because of various state and federal laws, we cannot:
- Provide free advice. For free support and advice, see our Welcome to Oz groups
- direct therapy
- Provide in-person consultation (telephone/email only)
- Give legal advice or practice law
- Make a diagnosis
- Tell you what to do or make decisions for you
- Intervene in a life-threatening or suicidal crisis (call 911)
- Provide services to people who have personality disorders
We are a network of experts and professionals who are experienced and dedicated to helping others successfully cope with the experience of living with a BPD/NPD family member. Generally, there are three categories of assistance available:
- Licensed Clinicians - Psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and marriage/family/child counselors who specialize in personality disorders and are trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy and the most effective treatments available. Some have written books on personality disorders or trained other clinicians. A few even have family members with BPD/NPD. All clinicians have a deep understanding of the many ways personality disorders affect families and individuals.
- Knowledgeable Mentors - Specially trained individuals with BPD/NPD family members and a calling to help others in similar situations. These mentors have worked in leadership positions in group situations and some have made this their second career. They know first hand what you're going through and are dedicated to helping you find your way out of the fog.
- Professional Attorneys & Mediators - These legal experts specialize in high conflict cases and people and can give you valuable insight and guidance. They are also available to consult with your attorney, if you have one. They can consult on:
- False accusations of domestic abuse and child abuse
- Soon-to-be-exes who appear reasonable in court
- Helping you choose the right attorney
- Guiding you in the many legal choices you have to make
- Explaining how to work with your attorney to get what you want
Our fees range from $95/hour to $195 for the top therapists in the country familiar with BPD. Many have written books. Bill Eddy, the nation's top expert on high conflict divorce, is $300/hour and worth every penny.
When you email us we'll take the time to learn about your needs so we can match you to the right expert. We'll explain the qualifications and rates of the person who can best assist you in your situation and then set up an appointment for you at the earliest possible time. Depending on your circumstances, you may want to talk with more than one of our team members, and we can easily accommodate that.
All the information you share with us is kept strictly confidential. We will not give your name or any other information to anyone other than the expert(s) to whom you are referred. You and your information are safe with us.
In your email, you must include the following information:
* That you are contacting the AnswerLine, a fee-based information service. We regret we do not have the staff to answer general advice emails for free. We recommend our Welcome to Oz groups for free advice from others in your situation.
* Your email address. We need to be able to contact you by email. This email must be private. If you do not have an email address, please create one at a web-based email service like Google. You can access the Internet in a library.
* The more you can tell us about your situation, the more effectively you will be able to manage the time with us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If You're Ready To:
- take positive steps to change your life for the better
- get guidance on legal matters
- talk to someone who's been where you are and made it through
- discover resources you never knew existed
- act assertively and learn to set appropriate boundaries
- become a better parent
- learn tools to help manage yourself and your relationship