Randi Kreger has brought the concerns of people who have a family member with borderline personality disorder (BPD) and narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) to an international forefront through her best-selling books, informative website, and popular online family support community Welcome to Oz.
Personality Disorders Awareness Network
This guest blog is from Frederic Bien, the president of the Personality Disorder Awareness Network (PDAN)
I am president of the Personality Disorder Awareness Network (PDAN), an organization dedicated to:
- increase the public's awareness of personality disorders,
- alleviate the relationship impact of personality disorders on families,
- prevent the development of personality disorders in children.
We work on these goals by preparing parents to be more aware, ready and educated about personality disorders. We focus primarily on personality disorders that have significant impacts on families: borderline and narcissistic personality disorders.
PDAN's main goal is PREVENTION for children. To that end, we accomplished the following in the past 12 months:
- new PDAN website at www.PDAN.org
- new social media presence:
* www.facebook.com/pdan with over 11,000 fans
- publication of three children books for children ages 7 to 14 years old and their parents:
* An Umbrella for Alex (about having a parent with extreme moods)
* Hey, That Kid Got Issues. Maybe it's ADHD. (about ADHD)
* In My Corner On The Moon (about trauma and children)
See www.pdan.org/bookstore where you can order these books. We received very good demand for these books, and excellent reviews from families and professionals in the field.
Today, I am encouraging you to support PDAN by helping us spread the message to your communities, whether regional or professional. We are looking for article writers for our social media pages, speakers to go into schools and children centers, videos producers.
If you would be interested in volunteering to help PDAN make a difference in our awareness work for personality disorders, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frederic Bien, President, PDANblog comments powered by Disqus
New Tools and Techniques to Stop Walking on Eggshells
Practical Strategies for Living with Someone Who Has Borderline Personality Disorder
Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder
The Basics of Borderline Personality Disorder for Beginners
Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Conversations with William A. Eddy
Featuring Ken Lewis and James Paul Shirley
Protecting Your Mental Health When Your Partner has Borderline Personality Disorder