Randi Kreger has brought the concerns of people who have a family member with borderline personality disorder (BPD) and narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) to an international forefront through her best-selling books, informative website, and popular online family support community Welcome to Oz.
Online Seminar About Narcissism
I am passing along news of this upcoming online seminar. I am not involved with it myself and have no financial or other interest other than spreading the news about narcissistic personality disorder--Randi Kreger
The Personality Disorders Awareness Network, a nonprofit organization, presents an online seminar with therapist/author Wendy Behary, author of "Disarming the Narcissist...Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed"
Loving...Leaving...Living With The Narcissist In Your Life
What: A 2-Hour Online Seminar (Live Webinar)
Date: Wednesday 12 November 2014
Time: 2:00–4:00 pm (US Eastern time), 11am –1pm (US Pacific time), 7–9 pm (Greenwich time)
Where: Online (login will be sent after registration)
Cost: See below
This seminar is designed for anyone who has been involved with people exhibiting the following behavior. See if you recognize these signs (people can have both borderline personality disorder and NPD):
* Self-Absorbed—acts like everything is all about him or her
* Emotionally Detached—steers clear of feelings
* Entitled—makes the rules; breaks the rules
* Demeaning—puts you down, bullyish
* Demanding—of whatever he or she wants
* Distrustful—suspicious of your motives when you're being nice to him or her
* Perfectionistic—rigidly high standards, his or her way or no way
* Snobbish—believes he or she is superior to you and others
* Unempathetic—totally uninterested in understanding your inner experience, even when things are going well between you
* Unremorseful—cannot offer a genuine apology at any time
* Compulsive—gets overly consumed with details
* Addictive—cannot let go of bad habits
Focus of Seminar
Whether you are living with, dealing with, in love with, or leaving a narcissist—this workshop will offer the essential tools necessary for understanding and dealing with this complex syndrome, its impact on relationships, family, children, and, most importantly, on your sense of self.
What This Seminar Teaches
You will learn effective strategies for:
1. Limit setting
2. The art of empathic confrontation
3. The proper use of leverage
4. How to identify & heal your life and change self-defeating patterns in relationships
Speaker Info: Wendy Behary is the author of "Disarming the Narcissist...Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed," (New Harbinger – 2008 & 2013). See www.DisarmingTheNarcissist.com.
Space Is Limited... 40 people max.
Please Register Early!
Fee: 25.00 US$ if you register by Monday October 20th
30.00 US$ if you register by Saturday November 1st
35.00 US$ if you register by Monday November 10th Registration closes November 10 at 5:00 PM (US Eastern)
Registration or Questions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Cards: Accepted via phone 973-218-1776 ext. 808 c/o Lauren, or email email@example.com
Or Send Check by Sat. Nov 1st payable to: Personality Disorder Awareness Network, PO Box 79468, Atlanta GA 30357 – USA
These are special prices for PDAN. Typically Wendy's online seminars cost $200 to $300 for 6 to 8 hours.
We hope you will take advantage of this great opportunity to hear an expert speaker on communication and narcissism.
Web info: http://www.pdan.org/programs/pdan-online-calls
Personality Disorder Awareness Networkblog comments powered by Disqus
New Tools and Techniques to Stop Walking on Eggshells
Practical Strategies for Living with Someone Who Has Borderline Personality Disorder
Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder
The Basics of Borderline Personality Disorder for Beginners
Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Conversations with William A. Eddy
Featuring Ken Lewis and James Paul Shirley
Protecting Your Mental Health When Your Partner has Borderline Personality Disorder